Read these 4 Personal Injury Attorney Tips tips to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Each tip is approved by our Editors and created by expert writers so great we call them Gurus. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Lawyer tips and hundreds of other topics.
When someone is involved in an accident it is important for them to find a great accident attorney to represent them. There are many insurance lawyers that will try to get the injured party to settle for as little as possible. By obtaining an injury attorney the party will ensure that they are getting what is fair and not being swindled by the insurance company. The internet has now made it quick and easy for someone to be able to find an accident lawyer that will fight for them. There is no need for someone to be fearful that they can not afford to be represented by an accident lawyer. There are may accident lawyers that will work for an injured party and only receive payment if the party wins their case. This gives everyone the ability to fight for what they know is right. Once an injury attorney is hired the stress will be taken out of the hands of the injured party. The injury attorney will conduct all of the discussions with the insurance company and get the injured party every dime they deserve.
If you have been in a car accident, you are undoubtedly suffering from pain, frustration, and confusion about how to navigate the claims process. When an accident was not your fault, or not entirely your fault, you may have a major claim against the person who caused the accident. While some people choose to negotiate with the insurance companies on their own, the wisest way to obtain all the compensation due to you is to hire a car accident lawyer. An auto accident lawyer is trained to deal with all the problems that come along with a car accident.
Your car accident lawyer can help you navigate the entire process of recovery from your auto accident. You will need to have your vehicle repaired, obtain a rental car, visit the doctor and perhaps get physical therapy to ensure that you are able to return to the same state of good health that you were in prior to the accident. Your auto accident lawyer will have the benefit of years of experience dealing with the insurance companies. The primary aim of insurance companies is to settle claims for as little money as they possibly can, while the aim of your car accident lawyer is to get you as much compensation money as possible. When you have been injured, you deserve fair compensation for your vehicle, your injuries, and your time away from work. Your car accident lawyer can ensure that you receive all of that.
When you are working with your accident injury lawyers, it is good to have detailed notes about your accident handy. This is one thing that should be done immediately after any accident injury, before your mind has time to forget important details. Include details of as much of the following information as possible for your accident attorney:
1. Date and time of the accident
2. Location of the accident
3. External conditions that might have had an impact - weather, roads
4. Contact information for any witnesses that were present
5. List of injuries or damages
6. Your recollection of events in chronological order
7. Description of the accident or event scene
8. Medical treatment and copies of treatment records and billing
9. Medical recommendations for future treatment
10. Any photographs you may have of the accident, or drawings
Provide this information at your first meeting with your accident injury lawyers. Bear in mind that you should remain available whenever needed for meetings with your accident attorney.
Personal injury lawsuits often stretch out to several years duration before a settlement is reached or before a case goes into a courtroom. This is another reason why your detailed accident notes serve as an excellent resource of information for your accident injury lawyers, and a way to help refresh your own memory.
Filing a lawsuit for a personal injury can be a little traumatic; taking legal action is not something most people do on a regular basis. Two things to ask your personal injury attorney right at the beginning of your quest for fair compensation for your injuries or damages are:
1. Be sure your personal injury lawyer is a specialist in your problem area. There are many types of personal injury specialties that the attorney might select for a specialization. Many cover several areas, like a generalist. The best course would be to try to narrow down the field to a personal injury attorney who has handled many cases involving your type of injury or damage claims.
2. Ask how billing will be done. This is common and not at all something to be shy about. Most personal injury lawsuits are billed on a contingency basis. This only means that no fee is collected if the case is lost, and if it is won, fees will be collected only after you recover your award for damages. Be aware that you may be expected to pay some small office type fees along the way. These lawsuits frequently take a long time before completion and contingency fees are one way for a case to be handled without draining the client financially.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|